Well, today I wanted to review my Czech so I can keep up fluency. Due to this, I want to teach you a few words and phrases:
***
- How are you? - Jak se Máš? (Jahk seh Mah-sh)
- I am well. - Mám se dobře. (Mahm se Dober-zhe) zh makes a sound like the si in vision.
Note: In reality, the ř makes a combined sound of a rolled R and a ZH. It is very difficult for beginners and even natives. This is why I divide it up into two seperate syllables instead of one, this makes it understandable yet pronouncable, at least until you get the hang of it.***
- Thank You. - Děkují. (d-yeh-ku-yee)
- Thanks. - Díky. (d-yee-kee)
***
Well, that's it for today, I hope you enjoyed, please get me some feedback, I would love to continue this.
JB
No comments:
Post a Comment